Friday 20 January 2017

African Pepper soup ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‹♨

Good afternoon everyone.
Where have I been? I was somewhat under the weather with abdominal pains that affected my appetite and even my ability to eat for a while. Not good, I know but thank God I am better now.

I had to resort to the Old faithful Pepper soup to kick in the appetite again. With the prevalent cold weather, at least here in UK, as well as me being better now(๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘), I thought I would share.

I have also discovered a number of variants from the continent too. Happy family we all are in Africa ๐Ÿ˜….

Here goes.
1. From Cameroon.
2. From Nigeria
3. From Sierra Leone.  This seems to be of a different category made with tomatoes.
4. From Ghana, otherwise known as 'light soup'.

Check your local African grocer for any unique spices required to make the version you require.

I will look into online suppliers of these spices for those living far from such shops and fill you in later.

It is good to be well.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Thanks for visiting.

Later!

Fally Jay for The Food Hut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment